Sunday, April 27, 2008

Prayers

Got this message about Dale's nephew this morning and wanted to share it with you all.

We talked to Gary last night. I cannot remember if I told you that they'd discovered this week that Sage has a micro-bacterial infection in his lungs. At this point the doctors have said that there is a 95% chance that it is not TB....something less serious.....but precautions are underway until they're sure. (Results of further tests should be back by the middle of this week.) His medications have also been adjusted; I think Gary said that 2 or 3 (out of 23 he's taking) have been eliminated or replaced....one of which is the phenergan that they were giving him for nausea. (He seems to be responding better to a different anti-nausea medication.) He has now had two days off oxygen; the night in between he was on a low percentage. His enlarged liver also appears to have less swelling. At least the last few days have finally held a little encouraging news; the doctors, Gary, and Ginny all think that he's actually looking better. So...please continue to take a few moments to remember him in prayer in your Bible study group, and Gary asked me to thank you and the others.

I pray that Compassion Sunday reached some hearts today and we will see you all this evening!

3 comments:

Marc said...

We will hold him up in our prayers. Everytime that I hear of a child being sick with some sort of disease like that, it just breaks my heart. It causes me to look at my own sons as more fragile than I want and causes me to think how much we really take our health for granted. GOD be with him and his family.

Brian said...

True Marc, but it should also make you look at your sons and realize just how much God has blessed you and Wendy. I thank God everyday that my girls are healthy and strong and active and able to do many things that other children can't. While we don't know why these things happen, all we can do is keep him and his family in our prayers.

Marc said...

My statement was to simply express that life is fragile. It was not o reflect that I did not realize my blessings. I can't put into enough words how much GOD has blessed our family. That is something between him and I. Thanks.