Friday, April 25, 2008

The Video

I've watched that video I posted yesterday (from Wendy) several times now. I keep thinking about what an accurate portrayal of the Gospel, of Jesus, that it is. We start off innocent, walking (or dancing in the video) with Jesus. Soon, however, the temptations of the world draw us away - just a little bit at first, but soon that girl in the video found herself totally separated from Jesus, although he kept calling out to her, trying to get her attention. And eventually, she tried to throw off the sins and get away - but they kept dragging her away from Jesus. In her own power, she could do nothing. Only when Jesus put Himself in between her and her sins - that's how the power of those sins was broken, only by the power of Jesus Himself. That video is a powerful portrayal of just how grace works, how we are saved. I think I'll go watch it again now!
-bj

2 comments:

Dee Martin said...

I watched it several times today too.

Brian said...

WOW! That is an awesome video!