Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Answered Prayers

God is good!

I told you guys about my buddy at work, Daniel, who told me he was an atheist. After last nights Bible study, and the AWESOME discussion, specifically Matthew 28:19 (Make disciples) and James 1:22 (Be doers of the word), I decided to make a specific prayer to the LORD this morning on the way to work, that He would make a way somehow to open a door to talk about God/Jesus with Daniel, to bring it up in the conversation, because I am not one to just start talking about things like that cold.

And the LORD is faithful - HE did just that!! It blew me out of the water as it happened - Daniel and I talked about what he thought Christianity was, and what it really is as I see from the Bible. Our talk paves the way for further discussions down the road - where it leads ultimately I don't know, but all I do know is that the LORD is awesome. I just wanted to share that with you all. Keep praying for Colby also - that he would come to know how lost he is, how much he needs a Savior, how much GOD loves him. Pray that the LORD would bring him to salvation through Jesus Christ.

GOD is so faithful. Praise HIS holy name. Praise HIM in the morning, in the evening, all day long!

(If you can't tell I am like totally flying right now! I want to go out and preach Jesus to everyone I see)

6 comments:

Dee Martin said...

Amen! On both counts.

I have been praying for a friend of a friend who found out he has cancer. He just lost his dad and has 3 kids. His wife left him for another man and his mom isn't in the picture. He is not a member of a church but the night he found out he went and sat in his dad's church for several hours. Today I found that the problem has not spread and they are hoping chemotherapy will fix it. I had been praying for all involved and I especially praying that they will find the Lord. I can't imagine going through those kids of things without Jesus and without the support of Christian brothers and sisters praying for you and coming alongside and helping.

homer4k said...

Wow. I feel kinda bad praying for my little problems when some people are going through things like that. Your friend of a friend is in my prayers.

Dee Martin said...

Why would you feel bad? You never know what is coming down the pike in this life. You never know if God is working through you to bring someone to Himself because He knows that there are things in their future that they need to be prepared for. God always has reasons for His timing - whether he is preparing someone for future trials or future ministry there is a reason - His ways are not our ways and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

homer4k said...

I didn't mean I felt bad about praying for Daniel - heck no!! I was talking more about my own little problems I pray about (lack of superpowers, needing more cowbell, trivial stuff). Trivial, that is, compared to peeps who have real needs. That's what I was getting at.

Dee Martin said...

more cowbell ??

I understand superpowers but this one got my attention LOL

But above all of it God IS good - all the time!

Brian said...

Let's just remember that all glory is God's and that God is good all the time. B.J., it seems to me that this young man was looking for something that is missing in his life. This is a perfect time to not only evangelize to this young man, but to just simply be a friend to him. In both cases, both of these people took major steps and they need all the support they can get. Follow up is the key for them. B.J., perhaps you should invite him to come to the contemporary service one Sunday evening and let him see what God really is all about. Remember, we may be the only Jesus these people will ever know. Keep up the good work, ya'll.