Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Strange Prayer Request

I know I've asked you guys to pray for Colby before, but this is different. From the moment I woke up this morning, all I could think about was that I needed to be praying for him, for his salvation. It's been really weird - I haven't listened to the radio at all, nor my mp3 player at work. I've heard people say that sometimes God has "put something on their heart" - I don't know if this is it, but I am trying of late to be more open to listening to the Spirit, and I think this is from Him. Specifically, there has been a verse floating through my mind all day long - "Today is the acceptable day of salvation" - I'm not sure what's going on, but I have been remembering Colby constantly in my prayers today (ahh, just like Paul said, referring to the church in Philippi - this is Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer all rolled in to one!) and my mind isn't concentrating on anything else, not even work! This is something new for me - I don't know about you guys. Have you ever had something "put on your heart by God so much that your mind focuses on that to the neglect of everything else? I'd like other peeps views on intercessory prayer, but mostly, I want to get as many other "prayer warriors" involved as I can. I don't really think of myself as a warrior, in any form or fashion, but where Colby is concerned, especially his eternal destiny, then I will fight like a mighty Jedi warrior for that kid (but I want Mace Windu's purple light saber - it takes a real Jedi to use a purple one).

I don't know why God is doing this - or if this is truly from Him, but I feel it is. I hope my discernment hasn't let me down. If this isn't from God, then I ask Him for forgiveness, but I think it is. So I am feeling led to pray that today is the acceptable day of salvation for Colby. Over and Over again I have been praying that today - I don't know why. It's not something I would expect to happen - but for the fact that God has given people Damascus Road Xperiences before, so He can do it again.


Have any of you guys ever just gotten the need to pray for somebody, out of the blue? This is what it feels like, and I have been praying without ceasing pretty much all day. Maybe I'm just going crazy(er) - I don't know, but I honestly feel like getting down on my knees in supplication to the LORD for Colby, in front of everyone here at work. They would definitely think I am crazy, but I don't give a rat's behind about the opinion of Man right now. This is really weird - don't think I'm going Pentecostal on anybody (let's try speaking in tongues tonight, ha ha - well, it IS scriptural.....) but it's like the Holy Spirit isn't letting me think about anything else today, other than praying for Colby, that today is the acceptable day of salvation for him. So I ask you all to pray the same - we'll talk more tonight. Perhaps a little session about prayer, and what your prayer life is like, might be in order? Just thinking.....

And thanks for your prayers - I couldn't ask for any better Prayer Jedis than you guys!

May the Spirit be with you!

1 comment:

Marc said...

Keep on PRAYING man. I am praying that God will open his eyes and heart.

Wendy