Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Holy Week

This week has been really calm and less stressful as compared to previous weeks. Maybe GOD was planning Holy Week to coincide with Spring Break to help us all out and give us a chance to slow it down a notch and contemplate what our lives need to be focused on. Tommorow night, my family and I are going to try to make it to Silent Holy Communion at church. That time has been special for me since we have been worshipping at Oak Park. I was reminded of how special it is recently when we had a church wide prayer vigil. During that time we all had the opportunity to come to the church and pray for the ministries and people of the church, etc. It was a communion with GOD. Maybe we should have more of those as a body of believers. Easter is a special time, but what if we celebrated it more thru that type of prayer vigil. I believe it can and would do powerful things within us and within the congregation.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Communion is such a special time for me. It gives me a few minutes to just spend time in the Lord's prescence. I always tell my girls the importance of cupping your hands as opposed to just holding your hands out. When we just stick your hands out, it's as if we are expecting someone to give us something that we think we've earned. In the cupping of the hands, it's as if we are receiving something that we have not earned, but are freely given. Jesus tells us, "Do this in rememberance of me". Holy week gives us the opportunity to take this and let it soak in, that when we take communion, we do it in rememberance of Him.